[Gluster-users] "gluster volume heal datastore2 info" blocking, heal not completing

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:37:01 UTC 2016

Have this happening at the moment. Issue the command and it just hangs.
More disturbingly, io on the hosted VM's *stops* until I kill the heal
info cmd.

Also the heal status seems to be stuck as well, on the last 6 shards on
two nodes. Shard size is 4MB:

    gluster volume heal datastore2 statistics heal-count
    Gathering count of entries to be healed on volume datastore2 has
    been successful

    Brick vnb.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore2
    Number of entries: 6

    Brick vng.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore2
    Number of entries: 6

    Brick vna.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore2
    Number of entries: 0

Has been like that for over an hour.

I killed and restarted the glusterd, glusterfsd processes on each node.
No of shards needing healed increased upto a couple of 100 each time,
then healed back down to 6 (as above).

I can leave it like this for a while if anyone wants to suggest tests or
logging.

nb. Heal count just dropped down to 5 shards, so there is some progress,
albeit very slow.

Current settings:

    Volume Name: datastore2
    Type: Replicate
    Volume ID: 7d93a1c6-ac39-4d94-b136-e8379643bddd
    Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
    Transport-type: tcp
    Bricks:
    Brick1: vnb.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore2
    Brick2: vng.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore2
    Brick3: vna.proxmox.softlog:/tank/vmdata/datastore2
    Options Reconfigured:
    network.remote-dio: enable
    cluster.eager-lock: enable
    performance.io-cache: off