[Gluster-users] Upgrading live volume

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:04:06 UTC 2016

Currently running a small gluster volume on our production server - 3.7.9,
Replica 3, VM Hosting (4 VM's). Access is via libgfapi (qemu)

When 3.7.11 is released I plan to upgrade and obviously prefer not to
disturb the VM's.

Whats the best way to update the running binaries? I'm presuming something
like this:

On a Node by Node basis (3 Nodes):

- upgrade the binaries (apt-get upgrade glusterfs-server glusterfs-client);

- remount the fuse mounts

- killall glusterfsd

- service glusterfs-server stop; service glusterfs-server start

- Wait for heal to complete

- Progress to the next node.

However I'm guessing the only way to update the qemu instance itself is to
shut it down.

thanks,

--
Lindsay