[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Brick is Offline

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 07:34:46 UTC 2016

On 04/01/2016 12:10 PM, ABHISHEK PALIWAL wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have the setup of two boards A and B with two bricks in replica mode.
>
> There is one test scenario
>
> 1. A acts as an active board and having the glusterfs mount point on it.
> 2. B acts as Passive board.
> 3. We are repetitively rebooting the B board (In this time period peer
> status on A board will be "peer in cluster (Disconnected)" and brick is
> not present in "gluster volume status") and when Board B comes up,
> starts the gluster daemon.
> 4. if Gluster daemon starts successfully it will make "peer in
> cluster(Connected)"
> 5. At the same with the immediate effect "gluster volume status" command
> should show the brick is available in online.
>

> But in my case sometime step 5 takes immediate reflection sometime 10-15
> second and sometime doesn't show brick is online even after the 1minute.
>
> Could you please confirm why this type of unpredictable behavior is
> occuring. It should be reflect with immediate effect in "gluster volume
> status" command.
When glusterd restarts bricks processes are brought up asynchronously
and hence you may not see the brick processes reflecting in gluster
volume status output immediately after restart. 5-10 seconds is an
accepted time frame. However if it doesn't come back online post that
then probably brick fails to start in that case.

Please check the respective brick log file and if you can find any error
logs in it.