[Gluster-users] Scaling a network - Error while adding new brick to a existing cluster.

Alastair Neil ajneil.tech at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:16:46 UTC 2015

Yes it seems likely you have a duplicate conflicting gluster
configuration.  Fixing it  should be fairly easy: clear out
/var/lib/glusterd, and then reinstall the glusterfs  packages.  You will
also have to clear all the extended attributes and files from any brick
directories, it may be easier to reformat the file system if they are on
separate bock devices.  I assume the system has a different host name?  You
should then be able to peer probe the new server from one of the cluster
members.