[Gluster-users] FUSE incompatible on RHGS with centos/ubuntu open source clients?

Gluster Admin gluster at hepcat.org
Thu Sep 24 15:13:21 UTC 2015

Another update, after playing with our Oracle Enterprise Linux servers and
still not having luck I noted two things:

1) OEL 6 in Redhat Kernel works fine with 3.7.2 gluster fuse to RHS 3.1
2) OEL 6.6 UEK kernel does not work at all with 3.8.13-16 which is
installed by default.  I updated to latest UEK kernel below and now gluster
fuse mounts to RHS 3.1 and Open Source Gluster 3.7.x work well

kernel-uek-3.8.13-98.2.2.el6uek.x86_64
kernel-uek-firmware-3.8.13-98.2.2.el6uek.noarch

[root at localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.8.13-98.2.2.el6uek.x86_64 #2 SMP Tue Sep 15
16:20:45 PDT 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux