[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.7: How are the server's configuration data synchronized

Andreas Hollaus Andreas.Hollaus at ericsson.com
Tue Sep 22 08:04:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

Are there any restrictions as to when I'm allowed to make changes to the GlusterFS
volume (for instance: start/stop volume, add/remove brick or peer)? How will it
handle such changes when one of my two replicated servers is down? How will GlusterFS
know which set of configuration files it can trust when the other server is connected
again and the files will contain different information about the volume? If these
were data files on the GlusterFS volume that would have been handled by the extended
file attributes, but how about the GlusterFS configuration itself?

Regards
Andreas