[Gluster-users] multiple volumes on same brick?

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Tue Sep 22 05:59:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-21 21:17, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> On 09/22/2015 02:07 AM, Gluster Admin wrote:
>> >Gluster users,
>> >
>> >We have a multiple node setup where each server has a single XFS brick
>> >(underlying storage is hardware battery backed raid6).  Are there any
>> >issues creating multiple gluster volumes using the same underlying
>> >bricks from a performance or management standpoint?
> This is not possible in Gluster. A brick (partition) is considered to be
> the smallest unit of the break down of a volume.

While true, I wonder if the original poster meant to ask if they can
have multiple bricks belonging to different gluster volumes on the same
file system volume?

In this case, the answer is yes, one could mount a file system, and
create separate bricks which belong to different gluster volumes.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/