[Gluster-users] GlusterFS across two datacenter's

Amardeep Singh amardeep at techblue.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 15:08:26 UTC 2015

Hi There,

We are planning to implement GlusterFS on CentOS-6 across two
datacenter's. The architecture we are planning is :

*SAN Storage 1 - SiteA*  > announce via iSCSI > *GlusterFS Server 1 - SiteA*
*SAN Storage 2 - SiteB*  > announce via iSCSI > *GlusterFS Server 2 - SiteB*

Once glusterfs configuration is done then each site will have its own
virtual machines

*SiteA - VM1* > GlusterFS client installed > mounted from *GlusterFS
Server 1 - SiteA*
*SiteB - VM2* > GlusterFS client installed > mounted from*GlusterFS
Server 2 - SiteB*

We want each site to read/write on its own glusterfs node instead of
mounting it from *SiteA* to VM's in SiteA and SiteB and using *SiteB
glusterfs* node as backup.

Though POC seems to be working fine with xfs filesystem. I need to check
couple of things here:

1. The setup above is correct and we can use glusterfs mounted on each
site with Replicated Gluster.
2. We want to add third datacenter for DR using geo replication, will
that work with above setup. We have not done POC for geo replication yet.

Looking forward for response.

Thanks,
Amardeep