[Gluster-users] nfs-ganesha HA with arbiter volume

Tiemen Ruiten t.ruiten at rdmedia.com
Fri Sep 18 13:46:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a Gluster cluster with a single replica 3, arbiter 1 volume (so two
nodes with actual data, one arbiter node). I would like to setup
NFS-Ganesha HA for this volume but I'm having some difficulties.

- I needed to create a directory /var/run/gluster/shared_storage manually
on all nodes, or the command 'gluster nfs-ganesha enable would fail with
the following error:
[2015-09-18 13:13:34.690416] E [MSGID: 106032]
[glusterd-ganesha.c:708:pre_setup] 0-THIS->name: mkdir() failed on path
/var/run/gluster/shared_storage/nfs-ganesha, [No such file or directory]

- Then I found out that the command connects to the arbiter node as well,
but obviously I don't want to set up NFS-Ganesha there. Is it actually
possible to setup NFS-Ganesha HA with an arbiter node? If it's possible, is
there any documentation on how to do that?

--
Tiemen Ruiten
Systems Engineer