[Gluster-users] Why does glusterfs take 1/4 of the CPU while beeing idle?

Merlin Morgenstern merlin.morgenstern at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:00:24 UTC 2015

I am experiencing unusual CPU usage on a ubuntu 14.04.03 box which is
supposed to be idle. It is around 25% on a 4 core system and htop says load
is about 1.0 while the underlying proccess all show 0 to a bit % CPU load.

The only service running is a glusterfsd and a glusterfs client. There is
no load on the glusterfs shares. The high CPU consumption now holds for
over 4 hours.

How can I determine the process eating up a 1/4 of the CPU power or if it
is gluster how to fix that?

Thank you in advance for any help.