[Gluster-users] After upgrade from 3.5 to 3.7 gluster local NFS is not starting on one of the servers

Yaroslav Molochko onorua at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:57:43 UTC 2015

I have two identical hosts managed by configuration managers, it was
working with 3.5 and stopped to work with 3.7 on ONE host. Okay, I've done
what you requested me, and here is result:
======================================
root at PSC01SERV008:~# systemctl restart rpcbind
root at PSC01SERV008:~# /etc/init.d/glusterfs-server restart
Restarting glusterfs-server (via systemctl): glusterfs-server.service.
root at PSC01SERV008:~# iptables -nvL
Another app is currently holding the xtables lock. Perhaps you want to use
the -w option?
root at PSC01SERV008:~# iptables -nvL
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 3223K packets, 1760M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 1478K packets, 1926M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 4697K packets, 1354M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
root at PSC01SERV008:~# cat /etc/hosts.allow
# /etc/hosts.allow: list of hosts that are allowed to access the system.
#                   See the manual pages hosts_access(5) and
hosts_options(5).
#
# Example:    ALL: LOCAL @some_netgroup
#             ALL: .foobar.edu EXCEPT terminalserver.foobar.edu
#
# If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "rpcbind" for the
# daemon name. See rpcbind(8) and rpc.mountd(8) for further information.
#
ALL: 127.0.0.1 : ALLOW
root at PSC01SERV008:~# gluster volume status
Status of volume: discover-music-prod-music-app-logs
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick 10.116.254.17:/srv/data/glusterfs/dis
cover-music-prod/music-app-logs             49152     0          Y
17125
Brick 10.116.254.18:/srv/data/glusterfs/dis
cover-music-prod/music-app-logs             49152     0          Y
24663
NFS Server on localhost                     N/A       N/A        N
N/A
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
17693
NFS Server on 10.116.254.17                 2049      0          Y
17146
Self-heal Daemon on 10.116.254.17           N/A       N/A        Y
17151

Task Status of Volume discover-music-prod-music-app-logs
There are no active volume tasks

For the protocol, I've reinstalled, restarted, anything I could, I've
checked anything I could find in the google and this doesn't work. Please,
lets move on with something more sophisticated than restart glusterfs... I
would not contact you if I had not tried to restart it dozen of time.

Do you have any debugging to see what is really happening?