[Gluster-users] Setting up geo replication with GlusterFS 3.6.5

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 16:16:27 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am using the following documentation in order to setup geo replication between two sites
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users.old/2015-January/020080.html

Unfortunately the step:

gluster volume geo-replication myvolume gfsgeo at gfs1geo.domain.com::myvolume create push-pem

Fails with the following error:

Unable to fetch slave volume details. Please check the slave cluster and slave volume.
geo-replication command failed

Any ideas?

btw: the documentation
http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Geo%20Replication/index.html
 does not seem to work with GlusterFS 3.6.5 that's why I am using the other mentioned documentation. It fails at the mountbroker step (
gluster system:: execute mountbroker opt mountbroker-root /var/mountbroker-root)

Regards
ML