[Gluster-users] oVirt replacement?

Sachidananda URS surs at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 17:50:42 UTC 2015

Hi Ryan,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Ryan Nix <ryan.nix at gmail.com> wrote:

> At the Redhat conference in June one of the lead developers mentioned
> Gluster would be getting a new GUI management tool to replace oVirt. Has
> there been any formal announcement on this?

Currently we have gdeploy which is a CLI for deployment and management of
Gluster clusters.
This is an ansible based tool, which can be used to:

* Set up backend bricks.
* Create volume.
* Mount the clients and bunch of other things.

The project is hosted at:
https://github.com/gluster/gdeploy/tree/1.0

I suggest using 1.0 branch, master is unstable and work in progress.

The tool is very easy to use. It relies on configuration files. Writing a
configuration file is explained
in the example configuration file:

https://github.com/gluster/gdeploy/blob/1.0/examples/gluster.conf.sample

A more detailed explanation of the fields can be found at:
https://github.com/gluster/gdeploy/blob/1.0/examples/README

`gdeploy --help' will print out help message on the usage.

Please let us know if you have any questions. It would be much awesome if
you can send us
pull requests.

-sac