[Gluster-users] Expanding replicated volume

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Mon Sep 7 05:48:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

in replicated setup, all bricks have all data. So you need to grow all
bricks, or do a distributed + replicated volume

I would stay with 2 bricks and extend current volume or add another volume
to the current brick

No need to change fstab. It will try first server1 and server2 as a backup
if first is offline. Then gluster client get all nodes from the one it's
connected too.
So even if you have 50 bricks, no change in fstab.

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr