[Gluster-users] Why oh why does gluster delay?

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Nov 30 22:45:34 UTC 2015

All,

I am seeing it VERY consistently that when I do a 'gluster peer status' or 'gluster pool list', the system 'hangs' for up to 1 minute before spitting back results.

I have 10 nodes all on the same network and currently ZERO volumes or bricks configured. Just trying to get good performance for the cluster to be talking to itself....

What is gluster doing that takes so long to respond? Seems there may be a more efficient way of doing it, whatever it is...

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California