[Gluster-users] Glusterfs - Translators/Performance

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 22:19:51 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

settings in /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol are meant for the management daemon i.e. glusterd.

All tuning needed for volume services would need to be done through the "gluster volume set" interface.

> Does only one of performance/io-threads, performance/io-cache,
> performance/writebehind translators take effect or are they all in effect?
> Are they ON by default?

Yes, all these translators are ON by default.

> We currently only installed gluster client on our clients, which doesn't have
> the gluster command for settings the properties.
> Should we install gluster server on our clients also to change gluster client
> properties?

gluster client properties cannot be set per client through "volume set" CLI. The properties altered through "volume set" are applicable to all clients by default. Per client behavior can be altered at the time of mounting a gluster volume.

Regards,
Vijay