[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Performance tuning

Pierre MGP Pro pierre-mgp-jouy.inra at agsic.net
Tue Nov 24 21:31:39 UTC 2015

Hi Lindsay Mathieson and all,

Le 24/11/2015 21:09, Lindsay Mathieson a écrit :
> More details on your setup[ would be useful:
> - Number of Nodes
> - CPU & RAM on Each Node
> - What else is running on the nodes
> - Number of bricks
> - output of "gluster  volume info" & "gluster volume status"
>
> - ZFS config for each Node
>   * number of disks and rai arrangement
>   * log and cache SSD?
>   * zpool status

OK I have tested that kind of configuration, and the result depend of
what you are waiting for :

  * zfsonlinux is now efficient, but you will not have access to the ACL ;
  * on a volume with seven disk we get the maximum of the PCI Express
    bandwidth ;
  * so you can mount a distributed gluster volume with your zfsonlinux
    nodes. The bandwidth will depend of the kind of glusterfs volume you
    want to build : distributed, stripped, replicated ;
      o replicated : bad, because of the synchronism write for the files
        replication ;
      o striped is the best because it allow you to get an average
        bandwidth on a file whatever the node you R/W the file ;
  * then the last, for me, is the Ethernet access between each nodes. If
    you have 1Gb, get back to your sand box, At the year you need 10Gbs
    and as the minimal Ethernet access is two port you need to bound them ;
  * have 10 Gbs Ethernet switch ;

That the expressions of the needs for the now and future necessities.

sincerely

Pierre Léonard