[Gluster-users] How to force heal a disperse volume

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Sun Nov 22 23:08:25 UTC 2015

Hi there Gluster users,

We've recently upgraded our local Gluster install, and we're now
running 12 nodes in a disperse setup (10:2 data:redundancy).

Previously in our distributed+replicated setup, we could force heals
either with "gluster volume heal" commands.  This doesn't work with a
disperse setup.

Are there any tricks anyone can offer to manually trigger a heal?  Do
the old "find /blah -exec stat {}\;" or "ls -laR /blah" commands work
to force Gluster to do heals on files within disperse volumes?

Many thanks,