[Gluster-users] File Corruption with shards - 100% reproducable

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 04:49:14 UTC 2015

Lindsay,

I wanted to ask you one more thing: specifically in VM workload with sharding, do you run into consistency issues with strict-write-ordering being off?
I remember suggesting that this option be enabled. But that was for plain dd on the mountpoint (and not inside the vm), where it was necessary.
I want to know if it is *really* necessary in VM workloads.

-Krutika