[Gluster-users] UID and GID on gluster server and client

Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] uthra.r.rao at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 17 14:50:07 UTC 2015

My gluster server and client run RHEL O.S. When I created a file on the gluster client as a user  it shows on the server with the file owner (500). So, It looks like the UID and GID have to be the same for a user account on both the Gluster server and client. Is there a UID/GID mapping that can be done so that even if the UID and GID is different on both servers and client they display the correct username and group name? Please let me know.

Thank you.
Uthra