[Gluster-users] yum install glusterfs-server install failed - dependency issue

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 19:05:03 UTC 2015

On 11/16/2015 01:53 PM, Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:
> Niels,
>
> Thank you for the reply. In my case since It is a RHEL7 server I had both Red hat repo and glusterfs-epel.repo installed and yum was picking up the gluster packages that Red Hat provided. To force yum to install the packages from glusterfs-epel.repo, I had to install " yum-plugin-priorities" and in the
> glusterfs-epel.repo set "priority=50". This helped in installing the glusterfs-server with all its dependencies.
>
> Thank you.
> Uthra

These are not from the glusterfs-epel.repo.

The .29-2 part of 3.6.0.29-2 tells me they're the Red Hat Storage
client-side RPMs that are included in RHEL.

They were probably installed before you added the glusterfs-epel.repo
to your system.

You can't yum _install_ 3.7.x while those 3.6 RPMs are on the system.
You might be able to get away with yum _update_, but I don't recommend it.

>> Now when I try to install the glusterfs-server package I am getting the following dependency error:
>
> It seems that you are trying to install glusterfs-server-3.7.6-1.el7.
> You need to take care that all glusterfs-* packages are the same version. I am not sure why yum does not find the updates for the older glusterfs packages when you have glusterfs-epel.repo enabled.

To use upstream/community gluster on RHEL, start by removing the "old"
gluster RPMs with `rpm erase -y gluster\*`.

Then continue to install the 3.7.x RPMs from glusterfs-epel.repo as normal.

--

Kaleb