[Gluster-users] Replacing a node in a 4x2 distributed/replicated setup

Thomas Bätzler t.baetzler at bringe.com
Thu Nov 5 16:25:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

A small update: since nothing else worked, I broke down and changed the
replacement system's IP and hostname to that of the broken system;
replaced its UUID with that of the downed machine and probed it back
into the gluster cluster. Had to restart glusterd several times to make
the other systems pick up the change.

I then added the volume-id attr to the new bricks as suggested on
https://joejulian.name/blog/replacing-a-brick-on-glusterfs-340/. After
that I was able to trigger a manual heal. By tomorrow I may have some
kind of estimate of how long the repair is going to take.

Bye,
Thomas

---