[Gluster-users] Shard file size (gluster 3.7.5)

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 01:56:41 UTC 2015

I can reproduce this 100% reliably, just by coping files onto a gluster
volume. Reported File size  is always larger, sometimes radically so. If I
copy the file again, the reported file is different each time.

using cmp I found that the file contents match, up to the size of the
original file.

MD5SUMS probably differ because of the different file sizes.

On 2 November 2015 at 18:49, Krutika Dhananjay <kdhananj at redhat.com> wrote:

> Could you share
> (1) the output of 'getfattr -d -m . -e hex <path>' where <path> represents
> the path to the original file from the brick where it resides
> (2)  the size of the file as seen from the mount point around the time
> when (1) is taken
> (3) output of 'gluster volume info'
>
> -Krutika

Lindsay