[Gluster-users] Shard file size (gluster 3.7.5)

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 00:59:44 UTC 2015

Have upgraded my cluster to debian jessie, so able to natively test 3.7.5

I’ve noticed some peculiarities with reported file sizes on the gluster mount but I seem to recall this is a known issue with shards?

Source file is sparse, nominal size 64GB, real size 25GB. However underlying storage is ZFS with lz4 compression which reduces it to 16GB

No Shard:
ls –lh	: 64 GB
du –h		: 25 GB

4MB Shard:
ls –lh	: 144 GB
du –h		: 21 MB

512MB Shard:
ls –lh	: 72 GB
du –h		: 765 MB

a du –sh of the .shard directory show 16GB for all datastores

Is this a known bug for sharding? Will it be repaired eventually?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10