[Gluster-users] 100% cpu on brick replication

Pedro Oriani sgunfio at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 15:18:26 UTC 2015

Hi All,I'm writing because I'm experiecing an issue with gluster's replication feature.I've a brick on srv1 with about 2TB of mixed side files, ranging from 10k a 300kWhen I add a new replication brick on srv2, the glusterfs process take all the cpu.This is unsuitable because the volume is not responding at normal r/w queries.
Glusterfs version is 3.7.0
the underlaying volume is xfs.

Volume Name: vol1Type: ReplicateVolume ID: Status: StartedNumber of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2Transport-type: tcpBricks:Brick1: 172.16.0.1:/data/glusterfs/vol1/brick1/brickBrick2: 172.16.0.2:/data/glusterfs/vol1/brick1/brickOptions Reconfigured:performance.cache-size: 1gbcluster.self-heal-daemon: offcluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: fullcluster.metadata-self-heal: offperformance.cache-max-file-size: 2MBperformance.cache-refresh-timeout: 1performance.stat-prefetch: offperformance.read-ahead: onperformance.quick-read: offperformance.write-behind-window-size: 4MBperformance.flush-behind: onperformance.write-behind: onperformance.io-thread-count: 32performance.io-cache: onnetwork.ping-timeout: 2nfs.addr-namelookup: offperformance.strict-write-ordering: on

there is any parameter or hint that I can follow to limit cpu occupation to grant a replication with few lag on normal operations ?
thank