[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster 3.7.0 released

Ted Miller tmiller at sonsetsolutions.org
Mon May 25 21:42:55 UTC 2015

From: Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 4:44 PM

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 06:49:26PM +0000, Ted Miller wrote:

> ________________________________

Packages for RHEL/CentOS-5 are not available yet. These will follow
later. Thare are some changes needed to be able to build the packages on
EL5. Because we are currently stabilizing our CI/regression tests, we do
not merge any other changes. Until we provide packages in our
repository, you could apply patch http://review.gluster.org/10803
yourself and build the EL5 version. I expect that we will do a release
in 2-3 weeks which will have EL5 RPMs too.

I have no idea about the problem below, it sounds like something the
GlusterD developers could help with.

Niels

> Command 'gluster volume status' on the C5 machine makes everything
> look fine:
>
> Status of volume: ISO2
> Gluster process                                       Port    Online  Pid
> Brick 10.x.x.2:/bricks/01/iso2                        49162   Y       4679
> Brick 10.x.x.4:/bricks/01/iso2                        49183   Y       6447
> Brick 10.x.x.9:/bricks/01/iso2                        49169   Y       1985
>
> But the same command on either of the C6 machines shows the C5 machine
> (10.x.x.2) missing in action (though it does recognize that there are
> NFS and heal daemons there):
>
> Status of volume: ISO2
> Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
> Brick 10.41.65.4:/bricks/01/iso2            49183     0          Y       6447
> Brick 10.41.65.9:/bricks/01/iso2            49169     0          Y       1985
> NFS Server on localhost                     2049      0          Y       2279
> Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y       2754
> NFS Server on 10.41.65.2                    2049      0          Y       4757
> Self-heal Daemon on 10.41.65.2              N/A       N/A        Y       4764
> NFS Server on 10.41.65.4                    2049      0          Y       6543
> Self-heal Daemon on 10.41.65.4              N/A       N/A        Y       6551
>
> So, is this just an oversight (I hope), or has support for C5 been dropped?
> If support for C5 is gone, how do I downgrade my Centos6 machines back
> to 3.6.x? (I know how to change the repo, but the actual sequence of
> yum commands and gluster commands is unknown to me).
>
> Ted Miller
> Elkhart, IN, USA

Thanks for the information.  As long as I know it is coming, I can improvise and hang on.

I am assuming that the problem with the .2 machine not being seen is a result of running a cluster with a version split.

Ted Miller