[Gluster-users] fault tolerance

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Thu May 21 05:25:47 UTC 2015

On 05/16/2015 01:17 PM, Carlos J. Herrera wrote:
> Hi people,
> Now I am using the version of gluster 3.6.2 and I want configure the system for fault tolerance. The point is that I want have two server in replication mode and if one server down the client do not note the fault. How I need import the system in the client for this purpose.

When using a fuse mount, or libgfapi, with a replica volume, fault
tolerance is built in. Once mounted, the client connects to every brick
in the volume. The only possible issue may be the ping-timeout default
of 42 seconds. This is long to give your tcp connection time to recover
in the event of a temporary network fault. If your server completely
dies, however, the client will have to wait for this timeout. I
recommend leaving the timeout long and instead using servers that don't
die frequently.

The tip the other guys mentioned have to do with mounting the volume if
the first server in the volume is unavailable at the time of mount.
Besides backupvolfile-server you can use a round-robin dns entry to
resolve mounting if a server is down.