[Gluster-users] Packaging error

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed May 20 12:28:29 UTC 2015

On 05/20/2015 01:28 AM, Lars Hanke wrote:
> I just installed the current Debian packages from gluster and got the
> following error:
>
> Entpacken von glusterfs-server (3.7.0-2) über (3.6.3-1) ...
> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs
> /var/cache/apt/archives/glusterfs-server_3.7.0-2_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>   Versuch, »/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/ganesha_nfsd« zu
> überschreiben, welches auch in Paket glusterfs-common 3.7.0-2 ist
> dpkg-deb: Fehler: Unterprozess einfügen wurde durch Signal
> (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)) getötet
>
> So obviously the same file has been packed into two different packages.
>
> Furthermore - maybe as a consequence of the failed installatation -
> gluster does not work correctly anymore:
>
> gluster volume info
> Speicherzugriffsfehler (= SIGSEGV)
>
> which should of course never happen.

Hi,

In the future you should File a Bug Report at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS

component=packaging

This will ensure that the problem is seen by the right people in a
timely fashion. If you just post here there's no guarantee. It's purely
by luck that I saw this today.

New packages will be available shortly to address this.

--

Kaleb