[Gluster-users] glusterfsd do not starts automatically after rebooting

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:32:06 UTC 2015

You should only be starting the glusterd service which will take care
of starting all the other required processes. For el6, you can use
'chkconfig glusterd on' to enable it to start during boot.

will not start if it cannot connect to all the bricks. You say that
your second peer appears as disconnected. First, make sure glusterd is
running on the other peer. If it is running can you check if you have
any firewall rules that are blocking port 24007. GlusterD listens on
this port and this should be unblocked. After that can you check if
you can connect to port 24007 of the 2nd peer from the first, you can
use telnet to do this. If everything is fine and you still see
disconnected in peer status, we'll need more information on your setup
and the glusterd logs from both the machines.

~kaushal