[Gluster-users] Can a gluster server be an NFS client ?

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:47:32 UTC 2015

I am seeing some erratic behavior w.r.t. the NFS service on the gluster
servers (RHS 3.0). The nfs service fails to start occasionally and randomly
with

Could not register with portmap 100021 4 38468
Program  NLM4 registration failed

This appears to be related to
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2014-October/019215.html ,
although I'm not sure what the resolution is.

The gluster servers use autofs to mount user home directories and other
sundry directories. I could verify that stopping autofs and then starting
the gluster volume seems to solve the problem. Starting autofs after
gluster seems to work fine too. What's the right way to handle this ?