[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster 3.7.0 released

Kingsley gluster at gluster.dogwind.com
Fri May 15 10:20:42 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 10:18 +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Users of packages from the
> distributions should not be worried that the version they are running
> suddenly gets replaced with the brand new 3.7.0.

I thought the generally advised upgrade path was to stop all volumes and
server daemons before applying an update, else it's necessary to do a
volume heal between upgrading each server?

That being the case, unless someone notices that a yum update is about
to upgrade their gluster installation as well, they might not perform
the above steps first. Would that not be a problem?

>From my own perspective, I'm keen on some of the new features in 3.7.0,
but would prefer to not put a brand new release into production until
the dust has settled. We're running 3.6.3 currently, but had waited for
that release before pushing it out into production.

--
Cheers,
Kingsley.