[Gluster-users] using a preferred node ?

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Sun May 10 14:59:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

Short way: Is there any way to define a preferred Gluster server ?

Long way:
I have the following setup (version 3.6.3) :

Gluster A  <==> VPN <==> Gluster B

Volume is replicated between A and B.

They are in same datacenter, using a 1Gb/s connection, low latency (0.5ms)

I have gluster clients in lan A & B.

When doing a "ls" on big folder (~60k files), both gluster node are used,
and so it need 9mn instead on 1mn if only the local gluster is reachable.

It's HA setup, application is present on both side. I would like a
master/master setup, but using only local node as possible.

Regards,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr