[Gluster-users] Monitoring / Stats

Oliver oliver at revenviews.com
Tue May 5 13:37:36 UTC 2015

Hi gluster users,

I have a few questions about monitoring and statistics.

We are about to install a distributed/replicated volume on multiple
servers for redundancy and scalability on ubuntu14.

How can I ensure that really all files are distributed to multiple
servers ? Do I have any chance to see stats anywhere how many replicas
of a file are located on which servers or so ?

What about adding bricks later, how can I again ensure that after a
rebalancing everything is spreaded over the new count of bricks/replicas ?

We use icinga2 for monitoring, my best idea to make sure that the fs is
available is to write a file incl a timestamp to the fs via cron on any
server and to read it from another server and send some passive check
result to the icinga server. Any better ideas anyone maybe ? Does a best
practise exist therefore ?

Also, I would love to see some insight stats in our graphite setup, I
already saw diamond-collectors for ceph, does anyone know about similar
things for gluster ?

thanks in advance,

Oliver