[Gluster-users] Geo-Rep. 3.5.3, Missing Files, Incorrect "Files Pending"

David Gibbons david.c.gibbons at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:20:55 UTC 2015

Thank you, responses and further questions inline below.

> In master nodes, look for log messages. Let us know if you feel any issue
> in log messages. (/var/log/glusterfs/geo-replication/)

The workers have been transitioning between active and faulty. They will
throw an error in the log (I believe it's related to rsync error 23 or
something, but will have to isolate it again), then switch to faulty. A
minute or so later they are back to Active.

Ideally, after initial crawl geo-rep should switch to Changelog crawl.

Thanks for clarifying, I will wait and look for that. It appears that xsync
is the default, but I did change it to changelog yesterday. Which is a more
reliable option?

> Geo-rep doesn't have persistent store of all path names and sync status.
> When geo-rep gets the list of files to be synced, it adds the number to the
> counter. But if the same files modified again the counter will be
> incremented again. Numbers in Status output will not match the number of
> files on disk.

When does it get reset back to 0? Or where are the 8191 files that it
thinks are out of sync stored? I would like to be able to sanity check the
progress.

Thanks,
Dave