[Gluster-users] Fwd: Samba fails to start

Sharad Shukla sharadshukla19 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:59:39 UTC 2015

Hi Raghavendra and friends,

>> This usually happens when samba , ctdb  are of incompatible versions or
are built with
different configs.

>> Please provide version details of Samba and ctdb and source you download
from.

*Below are the versions of ctdb and samba :*
samba-3.6.23-14.el6_6.x86_64
ctdb-2.5.1-1.el6.x86_64

I just installed the latest version from samba and ctdb.

*In smb.conf I have mentioned :*
[global]
        clustering = yes
        idmap backend = tdb2
        private dir = /mnt/datavol/lock

[share]
        comment = Gluster and CTDB based shared volume
        path = /mnt/datavol/share
        read only = no
        guest ok = yes

>> Also check that /var/lib paths exist for Samba and ctdb.

*Yes, /var/lib paths exists for both Samba and ctdb.*

I would really appreciate your help in this.

Thanks
Sharad