[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster Slogans Revisited

Josh Boon gluster at joshboon.com
Mon May 4 16:08:33 UTC 2015

Gluster: Software {re}defined storage

is one I really like. I wouldn't want to eliminate Gluster completely as newcomers would then wonder about the binaries, package names etc. The tagline speaks to that we've taken the time to consider some of the common pitfalls of storage and makes things nicer for the admin involved. Also throwing out acronyms in a name leaves more questions than answers I feel and that's something to avoid even though I proposed the some of the acronyms myself :)