[Gluster-users] New Gluster Website

Soumya Deb deb at redhat.com
Mon May 4 11:52:12 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Gluster 3.7 release is nearing & I was really expecting to have a brand new website to look forward to with the new release (along with the new docs).

Last discussion we had, was inconclusive on the mailing list. I had a chance to catch up with DV, tigert, Vijay & Sankarshan. It was still inconclusive, but a consensus was made, that whichever effort comes out to be more complete, we'll go with that.

Right now we have: http://code.debs.io/glusterweb/ & http://glusternew-tigert.rhcloud.com/

Apart from the contents, presentation & the simplicity of UX, here's a benchmark on technicalities:
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150504_WY_GSW/
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150504_53_GVQ/

IMO, http://code.debs.io/glusterweb/ is more ready (but I made it, so of course I'm biased; but isn't it?)
Was given feedback to change "blog" to "planet" & add the old gluster ant logo; open for more suggestions.

So, I needed to ask & understand, which website are we going ahead with, and why?

[Fine Print: if having a maintainer is a blocker & no one else is up to it, I can totally put on that hat]
[Finer Print: if you're unsure whether I can manage this static site - I actively manage 10+ live staging+production servers, 20+ VMs & 50+ PaaS instances (300+ sites & subdomains); some of them running half a dozen runtimes, simultaneously (for frugality), with zero reported or recorded incidents for 3+ years].

Thanks,

Deb