[Gluster-users] Write operations failing on clients

Alex alex.m at icecat.biz
Fri May 1 09:47:29 UTC 2015

> Are your files split brained:
>
> gluster v heal img info split-brain
>
> I see alot of problem with your self heal daemon connecting:

As far as I can see nodes are not split brained:

# gluster v heal img info split-brain
Gathering list of split brain entries on volume img has been successful

Brick gluster1:/var/gl/images
Number of entries: 0

Brick gluster2:/var/gl/images
Number of entries: 0

Brick gluster3:/var/gl/images
Number of entries: 0

Brick gluster4:/var/gl/images
Number of entries: 0

Brick gluster5:/var/gl/images
Number of entries: 0

Brick gluster6:/var/gl/images
Number of entries: 0

> $ service glusterd stop
> $ killall glusterfs
> $ killall glusterfsd
> $ ps aux | grep glu  <- Make sure evertyhing is actually cleaned up

Yes, I actually did this in the first place with problematic nodes.
Unfortunately it did'nt help. CPU load came back in about 3-4 minutes.

> Have you recently run a rebalance?

Rebalance was running when the problem occur and I stopped it to see if it
caused problems. I try to run it again.

> Are you having trouble access those directories?  It looks like the fix
layout failed for those two.

I can access those dirs via gluster-client:

# grep gluster /etc/fstab
gluster1:/img   /media       glusterfs       defaults,_netdev        0 1

# ls -la /media/www/ | wc -l
47

/www/thumbs have excessive amount of files so i just stat something inside:
# ls -l /media/www/thumbs/1000025.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 4365 Oct  8  2009 /media/www/thumbs/1000025.jpg

Everything looks fine.

Thank you,
Alex