[Gluster-users] Small files

Matan Safriel dev.matan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:30:36 UTC 2015

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply (!)
How many nodes do you safely replicate to with ZFS?
I don't think seek time is much of a concern with SSD by the way, so it
does seem that glusterfs is much better for the small files scenario than
HDFS, which as you say is very different in key aspects, and couldn't quite
follow why rebalancing is slow or slower than in the case of HDFS actually,
unless you just meant that HDFS works at a large block level and no more.

Perhaps you'd care to comment ;)

Matan