[Gluster-users] 3.6.1 and openstack

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Tue Jan 27 12:17:10 UTC 2015

Hi Pedro,

On 01/27/2015 12:43 PM, Pedro Serotto wrote:
> Hi Xavi,
> what happens is that Nova cannot create the file structure which is
> needed in order to create the virtual machine.
> In //var/lib/nova/i//nstances/, I can find only one directory under a
> casual name (/random/), for example
> /ca095fd4-1c0c-4fb4-a2d8-a0d758//6c0ffa. /If I try to list the content,
> the command fails and never comes back. The shell freezes.

This could be related with a rename and locking issue still pending to
be merged [1]. If that's the real cause, 3.6.2 won't solve the problem
yet, though it can alleviate some other issues.

> By the way, I try to find out some more verbous logs and to update the
> spftware to 3.6.2. In this case, should I unistall 3.6.1. and install it
> again?

You can increase log verbosity using this command:

     gluster volume set <volname> client-log-level TRACE

This will add *a lot* of log messages from all internal calls.

To upgrade from 3.6.1 to 3.6.2 (assuming you installed 3.6.1 from rpm),
you can take the new rpm's [2] and they should do the upgrade
automatically. To make things easier, this should be done with all
gluster volumes unmounted and stopped.

Xavi

[1] http://review.gluster.org/9420/
[2] http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.6/3.6.2/