[Gluster-users] Gluster storage for Windows clients

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:32:47 UTC 2015

Hi.

I wish to use Gluster on a two or three nodes cluster to give an high
available storage to some Windows Server virtual machines.

I read on http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_iSCSI
that I could configure some iSCSI targets on a Gluster Linux client to
let iSCSI initiator on Windows servers mount it.

But doing to will create a single point of failure, because if the
client goes down, the initiator won't connect to the storage. And if
possible I don't like to add one or two more virtual machines for
Gluster clients.
So I could configure iSCSI targets on Gluster servers, but in this
case how I can manage the failover in case of failure?

Thank you very much for your help!
Bye