[Gluster-users] Reddit thread on GlusterFS

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 19:54:28 UTC 2015

> Created a reddit account and posted. Could use some up votes though if we
> don't want " It seems GlusterFS popularity didn't take off, and Ceph ate
> Gluster's lunch." to be the top comment.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Most people know that Redditors
tend to be negative, contrarian, and clueless.  Start a thread about
Ceph and you'd probably see people talking about how difficult and
unstable and slow it was during the one hour they spent with it.  Some
of them might even make disparaging comparisons to GlusterFS.  It's
better for us to let comments there stand in their usual Reddit context
than to risk being accused of astroturfing.