[Gluster-users] CentOS Freeze with GlusterFS Error

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 19:27:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:11:20PM +0530, chamara samarakoon wrote:
> HI All,
>

> Same error encountered again before trying anything else. So I took screen
> shot  with more details of the incident.

This shows an XFS error. So it can be a problem with XFS, or something
that contributes to it in the XFS path. I would guess it is caused by an
issue on the disk(s) because there is the mentioning of corruption.
However, it could also be bad RAM, or an other hardware component that
is used to access data from the disks. I suggest you take two
approaches:

1. run hardware tests - if the error is detected, contact your HW vendor
2. open a support case with the vendor of the OS and check for updates

Gluster can stress filesystems in ways that are not very common, and
there have been issues found in XFS due to this. Your OS support vendor
should be able to tell you if the latest and related XFS fixes are
included in your kernel.

HTH,
Niels