[Gluster-users] Geo-Replication push-pem actually does'nt append common_secret_pub.pem to authrorized_keys file

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 05:38:13 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 11:01 PM, PEPONNET, Cyril N (Cyril) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m ready for new testing, I delete the geo-rep session between master and slace, remove the lines in authorized keys file on slave.
> I also remove the common secret pem from slave, and from master. There is only the gsyncd_template.conf in /var/lib/gluster now.
>
> Here is our setup:
>
> Site A: gluster 3 nodes
> Site B: gluster 1 node (for now, a second will come).
>
> I can issue
>
> gluster systen:: execute gsec_create
>
> what to check?
common_secret.pem.pub is created in
/var/lib/glusterd/geo-replication/common_secret.pem.pub, which should
contain public keys from all Master nodes(Site A). Should match with
contents of /var/lib/glusterd/geo-replication/secret.pem.pub and
/var/lib/glusterd/geo-replication/tar_ssh.pem.pub.

> then
>
> gluster geo vol geo_test slave::geo_test create push-pem force (force is needed because the slave vol is smaller than the master vol).
>
> What to check ?
Check for any errors in,
/var/log/glusterfs/etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log in rpm installation or
in /var/log/glusterfs/usr-local-etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log if source
installation. In case of any errors related to hook execution, run
directly the hook command copied from the log. From your previous mail I
understand their is some issue while executing hook script. I will look
into the issue in hook script.

> I want to use change_detector changelog and not rsync btw.
change_detector is crawling mecanism. Available options are: changelog
and xsync. xsync is FS Crawl.
sync mecanisms available are: rsync and tarssh.

> Can you guide me to setup this but also debug why it’s not working out of the box ?
>
> If needed I can get in touch with you through IRC.
Sure. IRC nickname is aravindavk.

--
regards
Aravinda