[Gluster-users] Getting past the basic setup

Jorge Garcia jgarcia at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Jan 15 18:24:35 UTC 2015

We're looking at using glusterfs for some of our storage needs. I have
read the "Quick start", was able to create a basic filesystem, and that
all worked. But wow, was it slow! I'm not sure if it was due to our very
simple setup, or if that's just the way it is. So, we're trying to look
deeper into options to improve performance, etc. In particular, I'm
interested in the NUFA scheduler. But after hours of googling around for
more information, I haven't gotten anywhere. There's a page with
"translator tutorials", but all the links are dead. Jeff Darcy seems to
be working at Red Hat these days, so maybe all his open-source stuff got
removed. I haven't found anything about how to even start setting up a
NUFA scheduled system. Any pointers of where to even start?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks,

Jorge