[Gluster-users] glusterfsd processes not started by glusterd

Mr. John J. Hoffman jhoffman at afrl.hpc.mil
Wed Jan 14 17:04:09 UTC 2015

glusterfsd is a leftover and really shouldn't be run anymore.
Starting/stopping gluster takes care of that.

The current service should just be "glusterd"

On 01/14/15 12:02, Alessandro De Salvo wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just upgraded to gluster 3.6.1 from 3.4.3, and when I restarted the
> glusterd service the bricks are not started, and in fact the glusterfsd
> processes are not running. Stoppig/starting the volumes does restart the
> glusterfsd processes, but if I reboot the machine the processes are not
> there.
> There are also no errors logged in any log, apart from a missing peer.
> Any idea of what could I check more?
> Many thanks,
>
> 	Alessandro

John J. Hoffman, CISSP
Computer Engineer, AFRL/RCMI
AFRL DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC)
Air Force Research Laboratory
2435 Fifth Street
Area B, Bldg 676, Rm 205
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7802
john.hoffman at wpafb.af.mil
jhoffman at afrl.hpc.mil
(937) 904-5129

Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other
non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official
government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the
approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for
Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.