[Gluster-users] Lots of Informational messages in volume logs

shank098 shank098 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 05:01:52 UTC 2015

I've recently setup a simple 2 node replicated cluster and everything seems
to be working OK.

The environment is being using for a shared hosting solution and I've
noticed quite of the few of the following entries in the volume which
contains files being served by Apache.

[2015-01-08 04:42:05.849518] I [dht-common.c:1822:dht_lookup_cbk]
0-www-dht: Entry /domain.com/path/to/a/file/that/doesnt/exist missing on
subvol www-replicate-0

It seems to be only happening for a few of the hosted domains, but it
causes the log files to grow very quickly and I haven't been able to figure
out what's going on.

The files (or directories) being referenced in the logs don't exist so I'm
not sure where to start.

I've able to stop the logging by adding the following to the volume:
diagnostics.client-log-level WARNING.

I'm hoping that someone on the list can shed some light on the issue and
let me know if I need to be concerned about these messages?

Thanks,