[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Functional Test Suite of Glusterfs

M S Vishwanath Bhat msvbhat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:57:52 UTC 2015

On 26 February 2015 at 18:50, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:

> On 26 Feb 2015, at 09:55, Kiran Patil <kiran at fractalio.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently I am aware of Gluster Regression Test suite.
> >
> > I would like to know if there is a Test suite which covers the
> > Functionality of Glusterfs.
> >
> > If not then what are the options do we have to come up with Functional
> > test suite.
> >
> > The only option we have right now is to use Gluster Regression
> > framework to come up with Functional test suite.
> >
> > Let me know your thoughts.
>
> Does this look like a potentially useful framework for creating
> it?
>
>   https://github.com/msvbhat/distaf

Kiran,  as Justin pointed out, you can try distaf.

I have written quite a some functional test cases using distaf. Please try
it out once and let me know your input. I need feedback to improve it
further.

I hope the README is clear. But if you have any questions please feel free
to send us a mail.

Also, I have couple of enhancements planned for which I have half written
patch in my local repo. I will complete them by Monday and send out a
notification to the mailing list.

-MS