[Gluster-users] Question to help clarify something with regard to GlusterFS

aytac zeren aytaczeren at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:05:27 UTC 2015

Hello Tony,

You need to understand what Gluster is intended for and nature of
virtualization.
A database needs high iops rates because of continuous CRUD operations.
There are distributed solutions in the industry like hadoop.
For traditional database structures, it's better to keep database on a
block storage.
Don't confuse with DB and Virtualization. These both are different worlds
and has different characteristics.
Gluster is a file system not a storage appliance.
I recommend you to check block storage alternatives like iSCSI SAN
appliances for DB specific tasks in cost centric perspective.
For vmWare environment, VSAN and Raw Device Mapping would serve you best.

Best Regards
Aytac Zeren