[Gluster-users] Gluster looses most files and does now show files copied to it

Michael Bushey michael at realtymogul.com
Wed Feb 25 23:49:27 UTC 2015

web1# volume replace-brick www-private web1:/var/gluster/www-private
web4:/var/gluster/www-private commit force

I made a copy of private on the machine webw before I ran the
replace-brick command. Afterwards I compared the directories and
immediately noticed most files were missing from the gluster private
folder.

Looking at one of the missing files:

root at webw:/# ls /var/www/html/www.example.com/sites/default/private/ |
grep Client | grep August
root at webw:/# ls /tmp/private/ | grep Client | grep August
Client Plaza Images August 2014.pdf
root at webw:/# cp /tmp/private/Client\ Plaza\ Images\ August\ 2014.pdf
/var/www/html/www.realtymogul.com/sites/default/private/
root at webw:/# ls /var/www/html/www.example.com/sites/default/private/ |
grep Client | grep August

nothing... The file appears to copy with no errors but I might as well
copy it to /dev/null